You could have more than 40 years of experience on a bike or only four months, but motorcycle accidents can happen to anyone. Therefore, to keep yourself safe, you need to focus on safety. Safety involves more than just wearing a motorcycle helmet. You also need motorcycle insurance, riding attire, and the right set of tools so that your motorcycle ride is as safe as possible.
At Legends Insurance, our team wants you to be safe on the roads at all times. That is why we offer a variety of motorcycle insurance products tailored to our customers. If an accident does occur, we want you and your loved ones to feel confident you have the coverage you need.
Tips for Keeping Your Motorcycle Safe
A safe ride comes down to insurance, attire, and your riding attitude. When you go for your next trip, employ some of these safety essentials:
- Maintain Your Bike: A safe motorcycle is one that is well-maintained. That means doing your scheduled maintenance at the proper intervals, changing tires when they are worn or become bald, and inspecting your bike before your next ride.
- Protect Your Head: Head protection is by far the most critical safety component of riding a bike. Your helmet protects you from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in an accident, but also from windblasts, cold, sunburns, debris on the road, and hearing loss.
- Eye Protection is a Must: Think about the dirt and debris on the road that you pass through every day in your vehicle. On a bike, you are completely exposed. When picking your eye protection gear, make sure that the glasses you choose are shatterproof, secured to your head or helmet, and do not obstruct your view.
- Wear the Right Clothing: Clothing is just as necessary as eye protection because in an accident you need padding to protect you from hitting the road. Quality clothing consists of boots, long-sleeved clothes and pants that can resist abrasions and bright enough to warn motorists of your presence, and gloves that protect the hands.
- Take Rider Courses: Even if you have been riding for several years, you could use a refresher course, and new riders could use riding courses. Motorcycle courses not only teach you the rules of the road but also how to stay safe when sharing that road with other vehicles.
Do Not Forget about Motorcycle Insurance
Equally important is motorcycle insurance. If you are in an accident, you want to ensure your medical costs and motorcycle repairs are covered; especially if that accident is catastrophic. The team at Legends Insurance has been offering motorcycle insurance to local riders for years, and we know the level of protection necessary.
Just some of the coverage you need includes comprehensive, collision, medical, and uninsured motorist coverage.
Request your quote for motorcycle insurance in Medicine Hat, Calgary, or Brooks from the team at Legends Insurance. We are here to provide you with the custom coverage you need to stay confident on the road. Give us a call at 1-800-830-9423.